let's talk

~Friday 16th of April 2021~

Welcome to UkuWorld!

Viva La Ukulele

UkuWorld is the center for all your ukulele needs! Tune your ukulele with our advanced UkuTuner. Practice chords with UkuChords and step up your game by learning ukulele scales at UkuScales. Don't know where start? Go over to UkuGuides and read some of the comprehensive guides or just go over the quick tips. In the end, above all, enjoy playing your favorite songs on your ukulele with UkuTabs where you can find a huge amount of songs available at your fingertips.

Definitely Mahalo. Amazing value and very cheap, so that you can see if you like it and then go onto a more expensive one if you do. It is also properly made and with very good wood. On their website, it says, “Mahalo is the only company who put as much effort into their entry level ukes as they do into high-quality models”. I know that is just to promote themselves but I think it is completely true. I have both a £20 and £60 Mahalo Uke and I can tell that equal care went into each one. As for which size, I would recommend a Soprano Uke to start you off, or maybe a concert one if you are looking to spend a bit more. The only difference between the two is the concert has a slightly bigger fretboard and is commonly made of better wood so just feels better when played. If you are looking to spend £20-30 I recommend the ‘Rainbow’ or ‘U-Smile’ series, or for about £40-50, the Kahiko or Java ranges. I don’t think there is a particular ukulele that sounds the best for pop songs, but you can experiment with different strings. To finish, I would recommend Musicroom for where to buy it, because they have the biggest range of Ukuleles I’ve ever seen and very friendly staff. I hope this has helped and I wish you luck in your Ukulele career!