~Tuesday 29th of September 2020~

Welcome to UkuWorld!

Viva La Ukulele

UkuWorld is the center for all your ukulele needs! Tune your ukulele with our advanced UkuTuner. Practice those difficult chords with UkuChords and step up your game by learning some ukulele scales with UkuScales. Don't know where start? Go over to UkuGuides and read some of the comprehensive guides are just go over the quick tips. In the end, above all, enjoy playing your favorite songs on your ukulele and what better way to do that than with UkuTabs where you can find a huge amount of songs available at your fingertips.

UkuWorld Community is here to offer you the ability to share your experiences with fellow ukulele enthusiasts and discuss. This in a friendly and respectful environment without too many bells and whistles. Login or register and come and join the fun!

• Author
    graceg1

Hi. I am having trouble with playing certain chords where you have to stretch your hand a lot, without the strings buzzing because I am not applying enough pressure to each fret, or I am touching other strings. I know why the chords buzz, but I still have trouble with chords like E, Bb, and others like that. Also bar chords are challenging as well. Tips for helping to improve tone quality would be great!!!

Jonas

Hi Grace! UkuGuides to the rescue! 😀

For bar chords you can try the tips in this article:

Playing Barre Ukulele Chords

The E chord has his own dedicated guide:

How To Play The Horrific E Ukulele Chord

Good luck!

graceg1

Thank you!!!

HappyMatters

When most uke plays start to bar chords, it hurts your fingers with the amount of pressure you need, but you definitely get used to it! <3

Jonas

@happymatters: indeed, it sure does! I remember those first few weeks/months, my fingertips hurt so much, but now I’m ‘immune’ 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Discover UkuWorld