~Thursday 19th of July 2018~

Welcome to UkuWorld!

Viva La Ukulele

UkuWorld is the center for all your ukulele needs! Tune your ukulele with our advanced UkuTuner. Practice those difficult chords with UkuChords and step up your game by learning some ukulele scales with UkuScales. Don't know where start? Go over to UkuGuides and read some of the comprehensive guides are just go over the quick tips. In the end, above all, enjoy playing your favorite songs on your ukulele and what better way to do that than with UkuTabs where you can find a huge amount of songs available at your fingertips.

UkuWorld Community is here to offer you the ability to share your experiences with fellow ukulele enthusiasts and discuss. This in a friendly and respectful environment without too many bells and whistles. Login or register and come and join the fun!

• Author
    estebangmunoz

I cannot sing while playing, can anyone help me?? hahaha that shabby

grace vanderwaal

i cant either but my freind who play says pratice by start playing and when your ready sing

fansneversleep

I would say to not start singing until you’re very comfortable with the chords and strumming/finger picking. Once the song is in your muscle memory, it will be harder to play it wrong while singing.

SalemDaUkulele

you should start humming while doing so, and just start singing, start with one strum, and transition into the next until you get the hang of it. then you can start strumming. hope this helps.

crabbypatties965

My trick is to memorize the lyrics that way you have the timing of the song right.

elizabethha23

OMG I have this same problem. I just started out playing the rhythm then after a while I hummed it then stared singing.

iloveukulele

first off, it’s “advice” not advises. and second, start off by singing in your head

litaniazhou

I used to be like this too, my advice is to first master the ukulele, like you know all the chords to one song, then start to sing slowly. this helps me because when you already know the chords, you don’t need to look at your ukulele that long so you can just focus to your singing. (I hope this helps!)

Hummus-N-Junk

My own approach has always been to get my fingers in the right place, strum that chord ONCE and sing the words that chord covers, then as I get to the next chord, I stop singing, place fingers, strum ONCE and sing the words THAT chord covers. I work through a verse like that and keep working at it until I can switch to the next chord smoothly and I don’t have to stop singing. Sometimes I start working with the Chorus of the song first. The main thing is patience! And don’t work HOURS on the same section. That will get you frustrated quickly. I like to do just a little at a time and then work on another song for a while.

Seems to have worked okay for me. I hope you can say it works for you! Best wishes.

Ravenclaw_Uke16

So basically what I did is start singing, but keep a strum pattern to a simple down strum. Once you do the sonf=g with just that, then complicate and develop a strum pattern as you get more experience.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Discover UkuWorld