~Wednesday 23rd of January 2019~

Welcome to UkuWorld!

Viva La Ukulele

UkuWorld is the center for all your ukulele needs! Tune your ukulele with our advanced UkuTuner. Practice those difficult chords with UkuChords and step up your game by learning some ukulele scales with UkuScales. Don't know where start? Go over to UkuGuides and read some of the comprehensive guides are just go over the quick tips. In the end, above all, enjoy playing your favorite songs on your ukulele and what better way to do that than with UkuTabs where you can find a huge amount of songs available at your fingertips.

UkuWorld Community is here to offer you the ability to share your experiences with fellow ukulele enthusiasts and discuss. This in a friendly and respectful environment without too many bells and whistles. Login or register and come and join the fun!

• Author
    PineapplePizzaVERYNICE

Hello i’m Fenna. I have a Fazley K-21W. It’s a cheap one but don’t wanna destroy it. I really wanna paint on in (with acrylic paint) but I don’t know if the paint stays on.
    I see some people sand their uke but I have a lacquer/ shiny finish? over my uke. So I don’t wanna so that.

So does anyone know if I can just paint on it? or does someone already have experience? thank you!

Lukebarricks

I hand painted both of my ukuleles with glossy acrylic paint, and then sealed the paint then i was done. They are Twenty One Pilots and Disney’s “Up” themed. The Twenty One Pilots uke I painted just the back with quotes, symbols, etc. from their new album “Trench” and trimmed the side edges in yellow ribbon.. The “Up” uke i removed the string and taped the sides and the fretboard. I then did a blue gradient on the front from a light teal to a dark cyan. I painted the back a sky blue and painted clouds on the bottom 1/3. After that, I painted a bunch of colored circles on the top 1/3. After those dried, I outlined them with black and drew strings coming from the balloons (circles) down to the clouds to give it the appearance of the balloons from the house peeking over the clouds. I wrote the famous quote “Adventure Is Out There” on the clouds, and put gloss on it so move of the paint chips. I painted the sides and neck of the ukulele blue, and trimmed it in teal ribbon.

I bought two ukuleles that didnt have a gloss finish so the paint would stay better, but I don’t know how it would work with the glossy finish. You could try and paint on it, but I would paint where you want to paint with white first, then paint it. It would make it easier to apply paint.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Discover UkuWorld