~Friday 14th of December 2018~

Welcome to UkuWorld!

Viva La Ukulele

UkuWorld is the center for all your ukulele needs! Tune your ukulele with our advanced UkuTuner. Practice those difficult chords with UkuChords and step up your game by learning some ukulele scales with UkuScales. Don't know where start? Go over to UkuGuides and read some of the comprehensive guides are just go over the quick tips. In the end, above all, enjoy playing your favorite songs on your ukulele and what better way to do that than with UkuTabs where you can find a huge amount of songs available at your fingertips.

UkuWorld Community is here to offer you the ability to share your experiences with fellow ukulele enthusiasts and discuss. This in a friendly and respectful environment without too many bells and whistles. Login or register and come and join the fun!

• Author
    Uno

Dear fellow ukulele players, I’m new to ukutabs so I haven’t yet settled down with it yet so unsurprisingly I have a question. On some of the songs, I’ve noticed there is a transpose button and when you press it, it changes some/all of the chords need ded for that song. I’m just wondering why it does that and what the transpose button actually means.
    Thank You!?

kimbrianp

Basically, some songs start with chords that are sound higher than the traditional easy ones like A, C, G, D etc. and often these chords are difficult and are used by more advanced ukulele players.

So you’ll notice some songs that recommend you to transpose it a few steps up/down. What this does is it takes that difficult looking chord and translates it into an easier one that beginners can use, by bringing it a few keys up/down.

If you want to play the song using the easier chords while still keeping its original key, you use a capo.

an example of such songs is Sweater Weather – Neighborhood. You’ll notice the chords are a bit advanced for a total beginner and will ask you to transpose it 3 half steps down, once you press the -3 on the scale the chords will be easier but the key is now lower, to stay on the same key, you put a capo on the 3rd fret and play the chords.

A C on a capoed 3rd fret is the same as an Eb but easier.

Hope this helps

Uke On!

Tess

Thanks for the ukutabs app which is very helpful. If I transpose to say -2 and save to my favourites, the next time I choose that somg from favourites it has reverted back to the original key. Is there any way to save the song to favourites in my chosen transposition number? I can never remember what number I chose for my comfort level and find it frustrating to have to keep fiddling with the scale each and every time to hit on the right chords

SalemDaUkulele

to make it easier, if you have a capo, or a saprano or tenor or baritone, you can use it to make it a different key. it really depends on what not only your looking for, for it to be easier, or if you have a different size than regualr, which is a concert or saprano. that is why there is the -2 and things.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Discover UkuWorld