~Sunday 5th of April 2020~

Welcome to UkuWorld!

Viva La Ukulele

UkuWorld is the center for all your ukulele needs! Tune your ukulele with our advanced UkuTuner. Practice those difficult chords with UkuChords and step up your game by learning some ukulele scales with UkuScales. Don't know where start? Go over to UkuGuides and read some of the comprehensive guides are just go over the quick tips. In the end, above all, enjoy playing your favorite songs on your ukulele and what better way to do that than with UkuTabs where you can find a huge amount of songs available at your fingertips.

UkuWorld Community is here to offer you the ability to share your experiences with fellow ukulele enthusiasts and discuss. This in a friendly and respectful environment without too many bells and whistles. Login or register and come and join the fun!

• Author
    missingfrets

Hi,folks.

I’m been playing guitar (badly) for years and also a bit of mandolin.
    I want to see how I get on with a ukelele setup but I don’t want to buy a cheapo one that won’t stay in tune and I don’t want to splash out on a decent one (yet) until I’ve dabbled.

I have a mandola sitting gathering dust; it’s not really built to handle 8 metal strings but it is of solid wood construction with a bright sound.
    The scale length sits roughly between a concert uke and a tenor uke (16 inches/40-ish cm).

Will a concert set take the extra tension? Will a tenor set sound too “floppy”?
    I don’t mind mix-and-match, but ideally I need ball-end strings because they attach at the tail-piece.

I would really appreciate some help, and I apologise if what I am attempting to do seems sacrilegious to
    hardened ukulele folk!

Missingfrets

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Discover UkuWorld