let's talk

~Sunday 11th of April 2021~

Welcome to UkuWorld!

Viva La Ukulele

UkuWorld is the center for all your ukulele needs! Tune your ukulele with our advanced UkuTuner. Practice chords with UkuChords and step up your game by learning ukulele scales at UkuScales. Don't know where start? Go over to UkuGuides and read some of the comprehensive guides or just go over the quick tips. In the end, above all, enjoy playing your favorite songs on your ukulele with UkuTabs where you can find a huge amount of songs available at your fingertips.

Nope. Y’all actually got me to register just to drop science on this particular issue. The “bass Ukulele” the first commenter mentioned is not a “guitarulele” (spell it how you like). A…(I’m going to call it Ukeitar, because the spelling of guitarulele is bothering me) is actually a tiny guitar approximately between the size of a tenor-baritone uke that is tuned like a guitar capo’d on the 5th fret. A bass uke, like the UBass or similar is the bass guitar equivalent of the ukulele itself, taking care of the low end with rubbery strings of glory. A quarter size, or child’s size guitar is tuned to standard pitch, but with tighter action to accommodate the shorter strings. Many smaller, child-sized instruments are lower in quality, so if you’re committed to a guitar a travel size or full size guitar would be best. If you have prior experience with ukulele, then a tenor would be good, as the tunings line up nicely. A baritone requires learning a new tuning, and the majority of tablature/chords are not in this baritone style. I have a 6 string uke made by Yamaha, and its a fun toy as your post name suggests, whereas a baritone/tenor ukulele is a great starting point to learn a new instrument.